Aside from having a great story and an awesome iPad kid’s ebook app developer, you’ll want some interactive elements so that you can self-publish and get your kid’s e-book accepted as an app. If now not, you will be advised to submit your ebook as an iBook. Besides, the iPad can do so a whole lot greater in your children’s ebook than simply undeniable text and pix. With that during thoughts, there are a few key elements that you’ll need to paintings on to give your iPad kid’s book developer a clearer idea of how you want your iPad children’s ebook app to appear and function.
The steps outlined below will offer a stable basis for working with an iPad kid’s ebook app developer to complete your app. You should be capable of doing pretty a chunk of the paintings to your personal the use of a snapshots application along with PhotoShop, PhotoPaint, and many others., a textual content report editor consisting of Wordpad or MS Word, and a spreadsheet software which includes MS Excel.
For each document you create to your iPad children’s ebook app, it is important first of all and stays with an awesome report naming structure. For instance, if your app is known as “MyApp,” and you’ve got an image of a rabbit on web page 3, you’ll need to name that document something like “MyApp_rabbit_1_page3_xxyyzz.Png”, wherein xxyyzz is month/day/year. This becomes even more essential if you have any pictures or many revisions of snapshots to paintings. Otherwise, it is very hard for anyone worried about making sure they may be running with the appropriate photo.
This also can be a great place to add notes for each web page to help your iPad kid’s ebook developer during development. 1) Create a text file containing your story’s textual content, broken down into sections for every man or woman page of your app. You can select to feature your notes to this article file, or a better method is to create a separate Excel spreadsheet that info every web page to your iPad kid’s book app.
Related Articles :
- Importance of Journals and Books for Writers
- Turn Your Apps Into Money Machines – Top 5 Ideas For a Best Selling App
- How to Build a Computer and Component Selection
- My 12 Favorite Apps for the iPad – January 2011 Edition
- Benefits of Mobile Websites for Business Owners and How to Design a Mobile Website
2) Create a hard storyboard for every page on your iPad kid’s ebook app. These pages might consist of the startup splash display, name page, index web page, help web page, story pages, and so on. Each web page needs a rough pencil sketch of the heritage art, characters, objects, and textual content. The motive is to get a rough idea of how the entirety will match on the page and how the pages will float collectively. The heritage photos must be 1024×768 pixels in length, PNG format, enough to fill the iPad display screen.
3) Once you have your first storyboard pages completed, perceive elements, characters, etc., that you’d want to be interactive or animated. These gadgets will need to be drawn as separate pix later with a purpose to animate them. For instance, you may need to contact a ball and have it soar across the display. To do that, the ball needs to be drawn as a separate image with an obvious history so your iPad kid’s e-book app developer can animate the ball. The traditional document format for those images is PNG, and the scale should generally be the scale that you need on the iPad display ( relative to the 1024×768 historical past photo ). Sometimes you could want items created on a larger scale, in case you, for instance, need for you to make the object larger when touching it, etc. Having your iPad kid’s ebook app developer operating with you at this degree is ideal, as they allow you to pick out the nice methods to animate and have interaction together with your iPad kid’s ebook app.
Four) Once you’ve worked out all the objects you want to interact with or animate, now it is time to complete the shade background photos for every page for your iPad kid’s e-book app. This may also assist you in selecting the coloration and location of textual content, characters, and different factors that you’ll use on your iPad kid’s e-book app.
Five) Now that your history pics are geared up, it’s time to paintings on the characters and different items for your iPad children’s book app. These objects are placed on the iPad screen in layers. So think of your historical past picture as layer 1, and then your other objects are introduced in layers on the pinnacle of that layer. For example, for an individual to sit on a chair and have each animated, the chair and person would want to be separate pics. The background image is placed on layer 1, the chair on layer 2, and the person on layer 3. That way, the individual is in the foreground, and the chair is behind it. You can use as many layers as you need.
6) Now that you have color historical past pics, text, characters, and objects created, it is time to vicinity this all collectively into a brand new set of storyboard pages just like the ones in step 2.
7) Once your color storyboards are geared up, it is time to start considering sounds. You may additionally want history song, narration, and sound effects for positive objects in your iPad kid’s ebook app. Audio documents can boom the scale of your app considerably, so it’s great to maintain sound outcomes for 3 seconds or less and keep historical past tune to short loops to save area. The traditional report format for your audio files would be both mp3, caf, or wav.
8) Now, it is time to begin operating on the icons for your iPad children’s ebook app. It’s crucial to think of your icons as one of the first matters people see approximately your app. It’s the first effect and additionally tells humans something approximately your app. It’s also critical to think of how your icon will appear in the one-of-a-kind sizes required. For example, as seen on iTunes, your main icon is 512×512 pixels, and the icon seen on the iPad fundamental display screen is 114×114 pixels. These 2 icons want to be the same image but exclusive scales. There are different sizes required, but these are primary icon sizes that you have to don’t forget in this first bypass. Typically you best need to offer your iPad children’s ebook app developer the 512×512 pixel icon picture, and they will create all the different icons from that photo.
Nine) Now that most of the muse information in your iPad kid’s book app is ready, it is time to join up as an Apple iOS developer. To do this, visit the Apple developer website ( http://developer.Apple.Com/applications/ios/ ) and sign on as an iOS Developer. The cutting-edge fee is $ ninety-nine in keeping with 12 months, and that charge is for as many apps as you want to self-put up. Once you’ve finished the join-up manner, contracts, and banking statistics, you’ll be geared up to sign up for your first app for submission. Even though your app won’t be equipped for submission, you can still check in the name in your app that can keep the name for you for 90 days.
To prepare your iPad kid’s ebook app for submission, you’ll also want to write down a description in your app for iTunes and use the 512×512 icon and some of the coloration storyboard pix as brief screenshots. It’s also an amazing concept to have a simple website set up to sell your kid’s ebook app for iPad, in addition to an aid e-mail deal with in which clients can reach aid.
For what I name degree 1 of app discovery, in your app description, cognizance on the first three sentences as considered on an iPad, and first 2 sentences as considered on iTunes thru a PC. These both work out to be the first 214 characters and are the text that human beings see before they click on something further.
Also, assume carefully approximately your app description key phrases. These are brought in a separate line whilst you put together to publish your app and are used for App Store search engine optimization to power clients to see your app inside the App Store. A precise test is applying an iPhone and iPad device, looking for your key phrases in iTunes, and seeing what apps arise.
10) Once you have completed all of the steps above, if you haven’t already, it is time to usher in your iPad children’s book app developer to review and work on assisting you to construct and guide you thru the relaxation of the process of how to self-post your kid’s book app for iPad.
I hope this enables!
Mobile Media Inc.
IPad Children’s Book Developer