2020 and the beginning of 2021 were undoubtedly a rollercoaster ride for start-ups. Even though the COVID-19 pandemic and the resultant lockdown forced many businesses to pivot completely, several others managed to thrive, and some new avenues gained momentum. Consumers are shifting and adapting to online working, shopping, socializing, food ordering, payments, and more. This has opened up profitable business opportunities.
Here are five trend-based start-ups of 2021 you should read about:
- BYJU’s: Founded in 2011 in Bengaluru, BYJU’s is today India’s largest ed-tech platform, offering world-class learning experiences to children up to Class 12. This idea became highly popular with the onset of the pandemic in 2020, which led to the closure of schools and forced children to stay at home and learn.
- Dunzo: Dunzo is an all-in-one online delivery platform that offers super-quick deliveries. The app delivers everything from food, grocery, medicine, fruits, and vegetables to pet supplies, meat and fish, gifts, and more. You can also send packages from one end of your city to another to pay a delivery fee. Other existing start-ups such as Swiggy have also started following the same model as Dunzo now.
- Digit insurance: Bengaluru-based insurance start-up Digit was founded in 2016. The company gained popularity in 2020 because of record-breaking growth. They aim to make insurance easier for consumers to buy and understand. With healthcare and life insurance becoming a focal need of people in 2021, the insurance company has a long growth path carved out.
- Cult. Fit: Based in Bengaluru, Cult. the fit was founded in 2016 but became widely popular in 2020. Cult.fit is a mobile application that provides a platform for a healthy lifestyle and holistic cure for physical and mental health and overall wellness. During the pandemic, they shifted from a gym-focused model to home classes.
- Razorpay: Razorpay is India’s first full-stack financial solutions company. The company has invested heavily to provide a wide portfolio catering to digital payment requirements. The company was founded by IIT Roorkee graduates in 2014 with financial help in business loans. Today, the company offers all-inclusive solutions with a modern technology stack.
Several other start-ups in India made a big mark by capitalizing on the trends in 2021. If you have an idea with business potential, it is never too late to take a step towards it. You can check your business loan eligibility and apply for a business loan from a trusted bank or financial company. Today, business loans come at competitive business loan interest rates, causing less financial burden. Businesses can use the business loan EMI calculator to know their business loan EMI and pay per their financial ease.